These Jobber Event Attendee Terms (the “Terms”) apply to anyone registering to attend or otherwise participate in any free virtual conference (an “Event’) organized by Octopusapp Inc (d/b/a Jobber).
USER AGE NOTICE: Jobber offers products and services to businesses and Events are therefore not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. If you are 18 or younger, do not attempt to register to attend any Events, participate in any contests offered in connection with an Event or provide us with any personal information.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. By signing up to attend an Event, you are confirming your agreement to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you are not permitted to attend the Event.
Admittance: Registration for any Event does not guarantee a right to admittance. Jobber may, in its sole discretion and without liability, refuse admittance to or expel from the Event anyone that it determines is behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the Event or any other attendee or engaging in conduct in violation of the Acceptable Use and Event Rules and Use Restrictions below.
Acceptable Use: You are responsible for all activity you conduct in connection with the Event, including any communications or materials you transmit or generate through the capabilities of the platform which hosts the Event. You may not engage in any conduct that contravenes law or our policies, including in outline: illegal purposes; sending spam; perpetration of security breaches; hacking; privacy breaches; fraudulent activity; distribution of viruses or other harmful code; transmission, distribution, display or storage of any material protected by copyright, trade-mark, trade secret or other intellectual property right without proper authorization or rights, or material that is infringing, obscene, defamatory, fraudulent, untruthful, disrespectful, discriminatory, or abusive; any unauthorized access, alteration, theft, corruption or destruction of files, data, transmission facilities or equipment; or to interfere with any other person’s use and enjoyment of the Event. If you are posting information on publicly accessible areas of the Event, keep in mind that anyone can see it.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your access to and participation in the Event, including the provision of any personal data and content. Our content rules and restrictions are set out below in more detail and should be read carefully.
Event Rules and Use Restrictions: You may not:
a) copy any content (including recording portions or all of the Event) unless expressly permitted to do so;
b) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
i. is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable, encourages criminal behavior, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable;
ii. You do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
iii. use communication features of the platform (or other functionality made available in connection with the Event) to transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations for business, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
iv. contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that You know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or any material that could damage or harm minors in any way;
c) impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
d) collect or store personal data about other users or viewers without their permission;
e) license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Event (including by attempting to sell tickets to a free Event).
Feedback. If You provide any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to any aspect of the Event ("Feedback"), we may use such freely. Accordingly, You agree that: (a) we are not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of You or any third party and You have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to us, (c) Octopusapp Inc (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize Feedback, and (d) You are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind from us or any of the other users of the Services in respect of the Feedback.
Speakers & Content: Views expressed by speakers are their own. Jobber cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the Event or in any material provided to attendees or any reliance on the same. Jobber may use the speaker’s name and presentation materials for promoting attendance at the conference. Presentations and papers including all associated artwork and illustrations are the property of the appliable speaker and may not be copied or distributed without consent.
Websites & Links: The Event pages and the Jobber websites may link to other websites (g. speakers; websites) and are provided for the convenience of Event attendees. The contents of these websites are maintained by their owners, and Jobber takes no responsibility for the same or for the content of the same.
Photographs, Publicity Material, Radio and Television and Print Media: Jobber reserves the sole right to freely use any photographs, recordings, electronic images or publicity material received by or obtained by Jobber in the course of the Event. Jobber has the exclusive right to include photographic, video and other visual portrayals of attendees, sponsors and speakers in any medium of any nature whatsoever for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity and otherwise, without compensation, and all rights titled and interest bearing (including all worldwide copyrights therein) will be Jobber’s sole property, free of any claims.
Contests: If you register to attend the Event prior to 02/16/2021 at 2:30PM EST, you will automatically be entered into the Jobber Professional Development Day Giveaway which is subject to the Jobber Professional Development Day Contest Terms.
Disclaimer: Jobber may at any time, with or without giving notice, in its absolute discretion and without giving any reason, change, cancel or postpone the Event, change any of the other published particulars, or withdraw any invitation to attend. In any case, neither Jobber nor any of its officers, employees, agents, members or representatives shall be liable for any loss, liability, damage or expense suffered or incurred by any in connection with changes to or cancellation of the Event.
Liability: You cannot claim or collect any damages from Jobber for any reason (whether under legal theories of contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, operation of law or otherwise) that are not direct damages or any damages that exceed the amount paid by you to us hereunder for any goods or services that the claim arises from. You hereby waive any and all claims against Jobber, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or licensors arising out of your use or inability to attend or participate in the Event.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF QUEBEC) WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 AT THE DATE OF ENTRY. BY ENTERING THESE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW AND YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ AND TO AGREE TO BE BOUND UNCONDITIONALLY BY THESE RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of this Jobber Professional Development Day Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is Octopusapp Inc. (d/b/a Jobber) (the “Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes are only open to those who: (i) register within the Entry Period (see section 4 below) for the Jobber Professional Development Day 2022 which is a virtual conference taking place on February 16, 2022 (the “Event”) and hosted by Hopin with sign up at https://jobberpdday.com/ and additional entries can be earned by those who follow or like Jobber on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram, and/or join the Jobber Entrepreneurship Facebook group. The Sweepstakes are open to residents of the United States and Canada (with the exception of Quebec) who are over the age of 18 and is void where prohibited by law. Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of the Sponsor their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, the participant ("You" or “Entrant’) agree to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the Sponsor's decisions as final and binding as it relates to the content of this campaign. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments or issues related to the Sweepstakes.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on 11/15./2021 at 12:00AM EST and ends on 02/16/2021 at 2:30PM EST (the "Entry Period"). Anyone who signs up to attend the Event will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes. Event registrations submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by registering for the Event. Additional entries will be provided to those who submit an entry using the online form provided at https://gleam.io/CAMPAIGN_KEY to follow or like the Sponsor’s social media platforms. The entry must fulfil all requirements of the Sweepstakes, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the Sweepstakes may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules of the Sweepstakes, your submission may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prizes: The winner(s) of the Sweepstakes (the "Winner") will receive the prize(s) set out here [https://JobberPDday.com/prizes] Unless otherwise specified by Sponsor on the prize page, there will be one (1) winner of one (1) prize for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to add prizes and/or open the Sweepstakes to more than one winner.
- Value. Actual/appraised value of prizes may differ at time of prize award. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except for at the Sponsor's discretion. Prizes are non-transferable. Substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of the prize to others or request for the cash equivalent of the prize by the Winner is not permitted. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner will be selected by Random Draw under the supervision of the Sponsor. The winner must be recorded through Hopin’s attendee tracking functionality as having attended the Event. The Winner will be notified within 7 days of the winner selection. The Sponsor shall have no liability for a Winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt of any prize offered in this Sweepstake is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by the Winner at the Sponsor's sole discretion will result in the Winner's disqualification as winner, and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
- Release: Before being declared the winner, the selected Entrant will be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form (the “Release”) indicating that the selected Entrant: (a) has complied and agrees to comply with these Rules; (b) accepts the Prize as offered; (c) will keep his/her winning notification confidential until notified by Sponsor; (d) releases Sponsor, its agents, employees, contractors and any other parties to be added to the Release in Sponsor’s sole discretion (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from his/her participation in the Sweepstakes or his/her acceptance, use, misuse or awarding of the Prize; (e) indemnifies the Released Parties from any and all losses that Sponsor may incur arising out of any act or omission by him/her in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Prize; and (f) except where prohibited by law, acknowledges Sponsor’s and its authorized representatives’ right to publish and/or broadcast the winner's name and/or statements without further compensation other than the Prize offered. The wording of the Release will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor may also add such other terms and conditions to the Release as Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may deem necessary. The selected Entrant must return the Release by the date indicated on the document. If the Release is not returned on time or is returned as non-deliverable, or if the selected Entrant is Canadian and fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly or is disqualified for any other reason, the Prize will be forfeited and another Entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries until the Prize is successfully awarded.
- Rights Granted by the Entrant: By entering these Sweepstakes, You understand and agree that the Sponsor and anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms and Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Rules at any time, to add, remove or substitute Prizes and cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part including in the event that a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such cases, the Sponsor may select a winner(s) from eligible entries received before and/or after the action taken by the Sponsor if appropriate. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Rules. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (iii) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (iv) technical errors of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (v) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (vi) printing errors; (vii) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of Canada, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. By participating in these Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Event, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Canada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To request a copy of the winners list please contact the Sponsor. Requests must be sent within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
- No Endorsement. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or any other social networks that are used to share the Sweepstakes. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of the Sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or any other social networks.
- Acceptance of Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, You confirm that you have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules, Terms and Conditions.